Parents should complete online registration through the PowerSchool parent portal using the information that the district provided you in a Returning Student Enrollment letter. It is important for you to register your child as soon as possible. Students will not be assigned a teacher or a bus route until online registration is complete. Failure to do […]
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud admin contributed a whooping 100 entries.
Entries by admin
Please read the update on a Hawthorn District 73 vehicular safety concern regarding students that is available in English and Spanish.
Enrollment letters for the 2017-18 school year have been mailed to Hawthorn parents of returning students. Parents should complete online registration through the PowerSchool parent portal https://ps.hawthorn73.org/public/home.html using the information that the district provided you in a Returning Student Enrollment letter. It is important for you to register your child as soon as possible. Students will not […]
Please invite your neighbors who are new to Hawthorn District 73 to register now for school for Fall 2017. Families whose children will enroll in District 73 schools for the first time in Fall 2017, should fill out the following forms ~ http://www.hawthorn73.org/hawthorn-information/registration/ ~ and turn them into the registrar during a scheduled visit. Please […]
Please read D73 Superintendent Nick Brown’s thoughts on the 13 Reasons Why Netflix series and its possible impact on students.
May 1, 2017 Dear Parents and Guardians, This afternoon the district Resource Officer received a report that a white male driving a red car approached a student and offered a ride. There was no enticement or encouragement when the student refused. Please have a conversation about safety with your children. Vernon Hills Police Department has […]
The following Hawthorn students were named the “best of the best” in the Cook Memorial Public Library District Creative Writing Contest for 2017. A reception for the award winners is scheduled for 2 p.m. Sunday, May 7 at the Aspen Drive Library. Over 100 entries were considered. The following were named winners from Hawthorn: 4th […]
When learning is personalized for students, they become the leaders of their own learning and work at a pace that’s right for each of them. Hawthorn teachers have been working on the Guaranteed Viable Curriculum (GVC) for the last three years, which identifies our desired results for all students. Personalized learning experiences allow students to […]
Open to ALL K-8 Hawthorn StudentsJuly 5-Aug 4, 2017 Two sessionsSession 1- July 5 – July 21, 2017 $375Session 2 July 24-Aug 4, 2017 $280 Monday-Friday8-11:55Includes four classes(Classes Are Located on HEI Webpage) * Before and After Childcare* Offered by Vernon Hills Park District REGISTER ONLINE HAWTHORN 73 WEB PAGE http://www.hawthorn73.org/summer-programs/hawthorn-enrichment-institute/ Questions?847-489-5598HEI@hawthorn73.org
The Hawthorn District 73 Special Services Department invites parents to attend an informational session from 7 to 8:15 p.m. Wednesday, April 12.
- Aspen Travels the World Family EventFebruary 11, 2016 - 2:31 pm
- Art ShowMarch 30, 2016 - 6:46 pm
- Music AwardMarch 31, 2016 - 11:22 am
- Aspen Updates April 1, 2016March 31, 2016 - 3:28 pm
- Architect Begins WorkApril 7, 2016 - 8:49 am
- Master Facility Planning UnderwayApril 14, 2016 - 9:39 am
- 2016 Teacher and Staff Appreciation WeekApril 14, 2016 - 10:22 am
- Aspen Open House and Music ProgramApril 19, 2016 - 8:37 am
- Fifth Grade Healthy Lifestyles Graduation CeremonyMay 25, 2017 - 10:50 am
- Aspen Updates, May 26, 2017May 25, 2017 - 8:43 am
- Fourth Graders Support VHGive InitiativeMay 24, 2017 - 7:50 am
- Spring ConcertMay 23, 2017 - 12:24 pm
- Have You Registered?May 19, 2017 - 1:49 pm
- Building Life Long ReadersMay 19, 2017 - 1:29 pm
- Aspen Updates May 12, 2017May 11, 2017 - 9:05 am
- Most Improved Student AwardMay 9, 2017 - 5:16 pm