As you know, Hawthorn District 73 schedules drills throughout the year to ensure our schools are prepared for emergencies and other events. This morning a drill took place at Townline Elementary and the School of Dual Language. While a parent posted on Facebook that this was an actual lockdown, this was only a drill. While […]
About Leslie Piotrowski
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud Leslie Piotrowski contributed a whooping 13 entries.
Entries by Leslie Piotrowski
The Hawthorn Enrichment Institute summer program is open to all kindergarten through eighth-grade Hawthorn District 73 students. It will take place from July 9 – August 10, 2018. Registration begins February 1, 2018.
Several Hawthorn schools, including Aspen Elementary, invited parents to visit the classrooms of their children in observance of American Education Week, Nov. 13 to 17. The students were excited to work on projects alongside their parents. Do you know the history behind American Education Week? Representatives of the National Education Association and the American Legion […]
Hailey S., a fifth-grade student at Aspen Elementary, talks about why she joined the Aspen Caring Experts (ACE) team.
Aspen Elementary launched a new team of fifth-grade students who are helping the school in many ways. Members of the Aspen Caring Experts (ACE) team were selected based on their applications and teacher recommendations. Members should be dependable, responsible, caring, trustworthy, courteous and friendly. Their job assignments include greeting students at the front door, providing […]
As part of its commitment to Social Emotional Learning, Aspen Elementary students are recognizing peers who demonstrate empathy. Each classroom voted for a student in their room who exemplified traits they had been learning about all month, such as being a good listener, being kind and showing empathy. Congratulations to the following students who received […]
Aspen Elementary second-grade students in Ms. Foley’s art class showed their creativity as they created Matisse name designs.
Aspen fifth-grade students complete a STEM activity in their science class. The challenge was to design a new home for the “Three Little Pigs” using index cards and tape. The houses had to withstand wind.
This morning there was a suspicious black car we believe to be a Lincoln possibly taking photos of students as they entered school. The car was parked off of school property. Please take extra caution and keep a watchful eye. Inform our Resource Officer Jon Paret or the Vernon Hills Police Department if you see […]
There are many ways you can stay connected with Hawthorn School District 73.
- Register NowMay 11, 2016 - 5:24 pm
- Congratulations Master Degree RecipientsAugust 22, 2016 - 12:36 pm
- Sunshine in the RainAugust 24, 2016 - 11:23 am
- Aspen Family Night this Friday, August 26thAugust 24, 2016 - 2:11 pm
- Aspen Updates August 26, 2016August 25, 2016 - 4:08 pm
- Aspen Family Partnership Council (AFPC) 2016-2017 Event...August 26, 2016 - 7:00 am
- Successful First Week of SchoolAugust 26, 2016 - 7:41 am
- Reporting a Student AbsenceAugust 26, 2016 - 3:22 pm
- Aspen Updates December 15, 2017December 14, 2017 - 2:12 pm
- Aspen Updates December 8, 2017December 7, 2017 - 6:01 pm
- Aspen’s Giving TreeDecember 1, 2017 - 7:47 am
- Aspen Updates December 1, 2017December 1, 2017 - 7:43 am
- Student Council Sponsors the Great Bedtime Story Pajama...December 1, 2017 - 7:19 am
- Choice Time Volunteers NeededNovember 29, 2017 - 3:53 pm
- Clarification About Today’s DrillNovember 28, 2017 - 12:36 pm
- Save the Dates for the 2018 Hawthorn Enrichment Institu...November 16, 2017 - 10:48 am