Calling all Aspen Parents! Choice Time is in need of parent volunteers. Choice Time runs from Fall Break to Spring Break, and gives students the opportunity to stay indoors for recess during the cold winter months. It is completely parent-run. You are welcome to bring siblings. Please contact Amanda Burt at email@example.com with questions and to sign up to help.
**For paper products, silverware, and drinks, please bring them to the Aspen office on or before Friday, November 17.**
**For desserts, appetizers, and fruit, please bring them to the Aspen office on Monday, November 20 BEFORE 3:00 PM.**
Please click here to sign up to donate.
Our teachers are so appreciative of this event where we provide them with a meal during the first night of conferences at Aspen!
Please contact Michelle Tran at 847-247-8157 if you have any questions!
The Aspen Family Partnership Council/Special Projects Team
Aspen’s Family Night last Friday was a huge success. Matt Wilhelm performed his BMX tricks while imparting his “never-give-up” attitude teaching kids resilience and anti-bullying strategies to a packed house. Thanks to Maureen Collier and Stephanie Freed for organizing a great evening, and to Amanda Leland-Burt, Laura Palti and Dave Collier for volunteering their time to help at the event. Mark your calendars for our most popular Family Night of the year on February 16, 2018–it’s BINGO time!!
Join us on Tuesday night, October 3 from 7:00-9:00 for an insightful presentation from Mrs. Szoke, Mrs. Zurek and Mrs. Carson titled “Fostering Resilience Through Lasting Relationships at Home and School Using Choice Theory.” This workshop is for new and returning parents. Parents who have attended prior Choice Theory workshops will participate in a break-out session while new parents learn about the basics. This event is for PARENTS ONLY, no children please. Although this event is free, please register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and cell number, or completing the Registration Form and returning it to school with your child.
Please join us for our next Aspen Family Night, Friday, November 3rd, from 6:30-8:00pm, featuring America’s Got Talent semi-finalist Matt Wilhelm. Matt is the fastest spinner in the world on a BMX Bike, and will perform an exciting array of BMX bike tricks while explaining how he rode his way to the top. In addition to an action packed bike show, Matt will deliver a entertaining and engaging message to empower students with a focus on resilience, a never give up attitude, and anti-bullying. You are not going to want to miss this show, so mark your calendars today. In addition to the entertainment, we will be selling Culvers vanilla custard in the cafeteria.
Aspen students, families, and faculty came together last Friday to dance the night away with D.J. Extraordinaire Lou Loiben of Personalities, Inc. Thank you to Maureen Collier and Stephanie Freed for organizing this wonderful event. A big thank you to our great faculty and staff for attending: Ms. Lardo, Mrs. Saliba, Mrs. Williamson, Mrs. Sweeney, Mrs. Bonnem, Ms. Sanchez, Ms. Alex, and Ms. Burke. And thank you to our parent helpers: Maggie Rausa, Amanda Burt and Nicole Carson (and any other parents who jumped in to help!). We look forward to seeing you on November 3rd at our next Family Night!
- Register NowMay 11, 2016 - 5:24 pm
- Congratulations Master Degree RecipientsAugust 22, 2016 - 12:36 pm
- Sunshine in the RainAugust 24, 2016 - 11:23 am
- Aspen Family Night this Friday, August 26thAugust 24, 2016 - 2:11 pm
- Aspen Updates August 26, 2016August 25, 2016 - 4:08 pm
- Aspen Family Partnership Council (AFPC) 2016-2017 Event...August 26, 2016 - 7:00 am
- Successful First Week of SchoolAugust 26, 2016 - 7:41 am
- Reporting a Student AbsenceAugust 26, 2016 - 3:22 pm
- Aspen Updates December 15, 2017December 14, 2017 - 2:12 pm
- Aspen Updates December 8, 2017December 7, 2017 - 6:01 pm
- Aspen’s Giving TreeDecember 1, 2017 - 7:47 am
- Aspen Updates December 1, 2017December 1, 2017 - 7:43 am
- Student Council Sponsors the Great Bedtime Story Pajama...December 1, 2017 - 7:19 am
- Choice Time Volunteers NeededNovember 29, 2017 - 3:53 pm
- Clarification About Today’s DrillNovember 28, 2017 - 12:36 pm
- Save the Dates for the 2018 Hawthorn Enrichment Institu...November 16, 2017 - 10:48 am