This school year Aspen Elementary has been working hard to achieve our 2 million at home minute reading goal. Aspen teachers and staff have asked students to track their at home reading minutes in an effort to increase student achievement and foster a love for learning and reading. We hope you enjoy our video!
Aspen students and staff will come together to introduce the school to our new reading goal. This year students will be challenged to read a combined 2,000,000 minutes. We are excited to introduce this reading initiative to all of our students. Throughout the course of the year we will be updating students on the number of total minutes we have read. As our number of minutes read increases, we will “travel” around the world. We will begin our reading journey in Vernon Hills and visit all of the continents. Students will be able to see the school’s progress on a large map that will be unveiled on Monday, September 21st. During our assembly on Friday afternoon students will learn more about the program and how they can help us reach our goal. Please click here for some more information from the Aspen Reading Team.
Here is the list of summer reading ideas for students. Please visit the public library over the summer and ask a librarian for help if you need more ideas for great books to read. Librarians love helping students find books to enjoy. Happy reading!
- Spring Band ConcertMay 26, 2016 - 9:12 am
- Orchestra/Band Date ChangeSeptember 7, 2016 - 3:45 pm
- Volunteer for PTO Classroom PartiesSeptember 8, 2016 - 7:33 am
- Comité de Padres Bilingües/ Bilingual Parent Advisory...September 12, 2016 - 2:57 pm
- Weekend Experience for Academically TalentedSeptember 14, 2016 - 7:54 pm
- Aspen Updates September 16, 2016September 16, 2016 - 7:37 am
- Hawthorn Department of Special ServicesSeptember 20, 2016 - 8:02 am
- Women in LeadershipSeptember 21, 2016 - 6:00 pm
- We Want Your Advice about District 73’s FutureFebruary 15, 2018 - 4:35 pm
- A Message Regarding Events in FloridaFebruary 15, 2018 - 4:18 pm
- Information Session On ParentingFebruary 15, 2018 - 7:00 am
- Volunteers Needed for BookFairFebruary 14, 2018 - 7:49 am
- ASPEN FAMILY BINGO NIGHTFebruary 12, 2018 - 7:51 am
- Aspen Updates February 9, 2018February 8, 2018 - 3:21 pm
- Thanks for Making Family University a Success!February 8, 2018 - 2:27 pm
- Aspen Updates February 2, 2018February 1, 2018 - 1:50 pm