The Aspen spring open house / music programs will be presented in May. Kindergarten students, as well as those in grades 1 and 2, will perform on Tuesday evening, May 1 beginning at 6:30 pm. Students in grades 3 – 5 will perform on Thursday evening, May 3 beginning at 6:30. Please note the date change for 3-5 grade performance; there was an error on the district calendar you may have received at the beginning of the year. We are excited to share what your students have been learning! More detailed information will be coming after spring break. If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Manchester or Mrs. Luce. Thank you.
Aspen’s second grade students were excited to meet five-year-old Maggie, who is a reading dog. Her owner, Ms. Sharon Dugan, brought her to Aspen as part of a literacy lesson. Ms. Dugan read the book “Brave Norman,” a true story about a blind dog who saved a drowning swimmer. The children took turns reading pages of the book and petting Maggie. Students were instructed on dog safety before they pet her.
May 1, 2017
Dear Parents and Guardians,
This afternoon the district Resource Officer received a report that a white male driving a red car approached a student and offered a ride. There was no enticement or encouragement when the student refused. Please have a conversation about safety with your children. Vernon Hills Police Department has been alerted to the situation.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at 847-990-4215 or via email
Sincerely, Nick Brown Superintendent
1 de Mayo 2017
Queridos Padres y Guardianes,
Esta tarde, el Oficial de Recursos del distrito recibió un reporte de que un hombre blanco conduciendo un coche rojo se acercó a un estudiante y ofreció un paseo. No hubo estímulo ni cuando el estudiante se negó. Por favor, tenga una conversación sobre la seguridad con sus hijos sobre personas extraños. El Departamento de Policía de Vernon Hills ha sido alertado de la situación.
Si tiene alguna pregunta o inquietud, por favor no dude en contactarme al 847-990-4215 o por correo electrónico a email@example.com.
Sinceramente, Nick Brown Superintendente
- Art Adventure Coordinator Needed!August 17, 2016 - 7:42 am
- Principals Read at LibrarySeptember 22, 2016 - 1:01 pm
- Aspen Makes Top 10September 23, 2016 - 7:12 am
- Aspen Updates September 30, 2016September 29, 2016 - 7:33 am
- Community Input SoughtOctober 4, 2016 - 8:03 am
- Aspen Updates October 4, 2016October 4, 2016 - 10:48 am
- Community Meeting Offers ChildcareOctober 5, 2016 - 3:11 pm
- Clown WatchOctober 5, 2016 - 3:31 pm
- Apsen Updates March 16, 2018March 16, 2018 - 7:40 am
- Aspen Spring Open House and Music ProgramsMarch 13, 2018 - 3:23 pm
- Aspen Updates March 9, 2018March 8, 2018 - 2:51 pm
- Message Regarding National School WalkoutsMarch 7, 2018 - 2:18 pm
- Aspen Students Have a Bad Hair DayMarch 7, 2018 - 8:54 am
- Aspen Fifth-grader is a Sectional Spelling Bee ChampionMarch 6, 2018 - 9:17 am
- Hawthorn Summer Music Camp 2018March 1, 2018 - 1:54 pm
- Information Session On ParentingMarch 1, 2018 - 7:00 am